Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Tea

What is it, you ask? Why, it's a Yarn Meter, a Nancy's Knit Knacks product, purchased via Knitpicks. Why a yarn meter, you ask? Because I'm tired of trying to visually estimate the yardage in a ball of yarn when I need to divide it into two, for socks or mittens, say. This isn't a great photo, but basically you slide yarn into the two wooden slots on either side of the meter unit (not yet calibrated, obviously), then put the yarn into that slot as well, and start winding. Et voila! Accurate measurement.


I have always been DELIGHTED with any NKK product - they are well-made, thoughtfully designed, easy to use, and very competitively priced. Knitpicks, too, is an excellent place to shop, although I do try to patronize small, local yarn shops as much as possible.


Spinning: No change.
Knitting: Turned the heel of Canopy Sock #1. Working on gusset decreases tonight.
Exercise: 30 minutes of cycling. Abe made me. He said I would be "happy" if I didn't skip a day. He's right.
Food/Water: Doing well. Drank lots of tea, including a cup of "Cherry Marzipan" green tea, which sounds much sweeter than it tastes. It gives a wonderful aroma of cherries and almonds, but there is no sweetness. In reading the latest issue of O, I decided to give green teas a try, and have ordered several different kinds. Two arrived today. Also ordered, per Dr. Oz, a Republic of Tea blend called "Get Some zzz's" in my quest to sleep soundly all night. I'm far from insomnia, but I almost always wake up at about 2:00 in the morning. I lie there for awhile, and usually get back to sleep in a few minutes, but sometimes I'm awake for much longer.

Speaking of green tea...

Green Tea

By Dale Ritterbusch
 
There is this tea
I have sometimes,
Pan Long Ying Hao,
so tightly curled
it looks like tiny roots
gnarled, a greenish-gray.
When it steeps, it opens
the way you woke this morning,
stretching, your hands behind
your head, back arched,
toes pointing, a smile steeped
in ceremony, a celebration,
the reaching of your arms.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!