Friday, January 6, 2012

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

The Three Goals
David Budbill

The first goal is to see the thing itself
in and for itself, to see it simply and clearly
for what it is.
              No symbolism, please.
The second goal is to see each individual thing
as unified, as one, with all the other
ten thousand things.
              In this regard, a little wine helps a lot.

The third goal is to grasp the first and second goals,
to see the universal and the particular,
simultaneously.
              Regarding this one, call me when you get it.

It's good to laugh at one's attempts to understand. 

Friday, January 6, 2012 - Three King's Day aka Ephiphany aka the Twelfth Day of Christmas. Still nary a snowflake in sight; in fact, the temperature got into the 40's this afternoon. It would seem that putting snow tires on the Mini was for nothing. Ah, but statements like that tempt fate...

After almost a week of daily blathering, I'm realizing that my weekday entries are going to lack visuals - for two reasons: 1) no time, and 2) no discernable progress on projects.

Nevertheless, the second sock continues to grow, as does my fear of insufficient "yarnage". I even went so far as to make the second sock's leg 10 rows shorter than the first. And I'm actually admitting that shocking fact in writing. Necessity is the mother of bad knitting decisions.

I boxed today! Not packing things in containers, but physical boxing. Yes, it's "only" Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii, but 45 minutes of jabbing, hooking, and ducking was enough to counter the winter blahs.

The BIG news is that I'm down 1.8 pounds since last Friday, Friday being my official weigh-in day. Notice I'm not indicating a starting weight. That number is unimportant.

More tomorrow, with the added bonus of photos!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!