Sunday, January 8, 2012

Colder


A Haiku by Hai-Stu
Stuart Ziarnik

A steaming patty
Hamburger, oh, hamburger!
No need for ketchup.
  


It's only in the high 30's today - by normal standards that would be warm for early January, but it feels chilly compared to yesterday.


Norwegian Longwool 2-ply
Spinning: Photo above is the Norwegian Longwool 2-ply. Approximately 246 yards of fingering weight yarn. What will it become? No idea yet, but after washing and flicking it'll join the other handspun. Another goal of mine for 2012 is to knit up some of this yarn. I did manage to make several projects last year using my handspun, but not enough.

Handspun wool awaiting its fate
  Just to stay honest, I'm posting some photos I took today of fiber received from Spunky Eclectic during the autumn of 2011.

"Tartan" superwash Corriedale
Romney Sheepswool
50/50 blend of fine wool and soysilk in "Tossed Salad" colorway
"Peace on Earth" South African Fine
 Knitting: almost done with Noro Sock #2. It's difficult to knit when my fingers are crossed that the yarn will suffice.

Exercise: 40 minutes of "boxing" using "Gold's Gym Cardio Workout" for Wii. 

Food: I made delicious braised red cabbage with apples and onions last night - served with roasted pork chops. Magnifique! The recipe came from a book that my dear sister gave me for Christmas - Cooking From the Farmers' MarketWilliams-Sonoma does an excellent job with photography.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Are you a knitting Penelope? I guess it seems like a strange question, its just I'm a Penelope who knits and I'm doing a bit of research to see how many more knitting Penelopes are out there - see http://bigstitchlittlestitch.blogspot.com/. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    I miss your daily poems, family updates, and inspiration to eat well and exercise. Keep going!
    Love,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!