Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We Grow Tubby Without Exercise

 (excerpted from)Teddy Bear

By A. A. Milne
 
A bear, however hard he tries,
Grows tubby without exercise.
Our Teddy Bear is short and fat
Which is not to be wondered at;
He gets what exercise he can
By falling off the ottoman,
But generally seems to lack
The energy to clamber back.
 
 
This is an excerpt from a very long poem about a teddy bear's efforts to get slim. Today, I was lucky to have a dear friend come exercise with me! Abe got her all set with lifting - there's just enough room for two women to flail about with free weights. We had a fine time, and my friend is coming back on Friday. With any luck, we'll be sylphs by summer.
 
Zig left for Tucson this evening - he hopes to have the house ready to go on the market by the end of the week. He works so hard...and I miss him badly when he's gone. 
 
No spinning, four rounds on Canopy Sock #2. Excellent day for food and water. 
 
I finished Jamrach's Menagerie last night. Wonderful book; resonating with me all day today. Now I'm starting Stone Arabia - no opinion yet.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!