Sunday, January 22, 2012

Four in Three

Nightfall Socks - Check!
They're done. Four socks in three weeks. Not bad. I've already chosen the next sock project - yarn and pattern that I've had since 2009, when I was part of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club. The yarn color is "The Skein With No Name", a lovely blend of rust, rose, and lavender, and the pattern is "Canopy". These will be a bit more challenging to knit than the past two pairs.
The Skein With No Name from Blue Moon Fiber Arts

Those Winter Sundays

By Robert Hayden
 
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blueblack cold,
then with cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
banked fires blaze. No one ever thanked him.

I’d wake and hear the cold splintering, breaking.
When the rooms were warm, he’d call,
and slowly I would rise and dress,
fearing the chronic angers of that house,

Speaking indifferently to him,
who had driven out the cold
and polished my good shoes as well.
What did I know, what did I know
of love’s austere and lonely offices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!