Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Geometry, Hexagons, Beekeepers

I'm reading The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal. Good book. Rather than focus solely on "Willpower, it discusses  "Will-", "Won't-", and "Want"-power, along with a number of different strategies for sticking to one's goals. I'm not very far into the book, and I'm hoping for a chapter on how to smash the broken record that plays in my head, the one that tells me, over and over ad nauseum, that I'll never be able to do it, so I might as well give up before I even try.

It's hot and humid and not the best weather for feeling energized, motivated, positive.

On with the fiber update. A few years ago, "The Beekeeper's Quilt" pattern hit Ravelry and took the knitting world by storm. Stephanie Dosen is a genius, and a funny one at that. This year I decided to get in on the fun, and not coincidentally, start to make a dent in my serious sock yarn leftovers. I've knitted 183 of the little puffs so far this year. At first I stored them in a large glass bowl on the dining room table, but they soon spilled over into a larger basket. It takes at least 350 of them to make a lap blanket, so I've got my work cut out for me. Each one takes just about 30 minutes to complete. I've got NO shortage of sock yarn, so I imagine I'll be working on this project throughout the remainder of 2013 and pretty far in 2014, at a minimum.


Bowl o' Puffs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!