Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Son the PTA

A Student’s Prayer

By Anonymous
 
Now I lay me down to rest,
I pray I pass tomorrow’s test.
If I should die before I wake,
That’s one less test I’ll have to take.

I'm very glad Abe lived to take the Physical Therapy Assistant exam!! 3 1/2 hours of multiple choice, in a highly secure environment (digital fingerprinting, metal wand detector, belongings in locker, turn-out-your-pockets type security) on Friday morning. He just got the results a few hours ago...and...he passed the test!!! I think I'm going to call him PTABE from now on. We are soooooo happy for him. Dairy Queen is open, and he is seriously considering driving up to get himself a Blizzard. Now that's a HUGE reward, in this sugar- and fat-free household!

Exercise - check. Knitting - check (finished first of the latest vanilla socks) and worked on the shawl as well. Spinning - check (almost done with first half of the fiber). Housecleaning - check (our bedroom is much less dusty than it was...but just WHERE does the dust go if it manages to escape the vacuum and the dustcloth? Right - it hovers in the air but eventually gravity wins, and it falls back down to where it was in the first place.

Now to start preparing tonight's dinner - Poulet Poele a L'Estragon avec Carottes Etuvees au Beurre et Pommes de Terres Sautees.

AKA Casserole-roasted chicken with buttered carrots and sauteed potatoes. Can you tell that I don't know how to insert accents and other symbols? Oh, well.

Champagne, too, to celebrate the elder offspring's victory!

Latest edition of Vanilla Sock

Falkland Handspun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!