Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I JUST DYED!!!


OH, boy, am I excited! I just finished my first attempt at hand-painting some white merino roving, and...it WORKED! I used Kool-Aid (black cherry, orange, and lemonade). All I needed, besides the roving and the chemical punch mix, were vinegar, water, measuring cups, and turkey basters. Right now it's cooling - can't open up the plastic wrap until the steam dissipates, but, from what I can see, the colors are vibrant and fairly well distributed. There's undyed white left, too, which is what I wanted. Lessons learned? In the future (and there will be more attempts!), I will flip the roving over so that I am sure that the dye reaches the underside. Woo-hoo! I can't WAIT to spin this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!