Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon

excerpt from Joy in the Woods

By Claude McKay
 
There is joy in the woods just now,
       The leaves are whispers of song,
And the birds make mirth on the bough
       And music the whole day long


Remember that album - "Nights in White Satin"? Right - The Moody Blues. I think they still play, but mostly for public television fundraisers.

Into the second week of summer vacation now. I have been surprisingly disciplined in my handling of all this free time: I have a daily schedule. And I stick to it. Actually, the schedule is only for the morning, but it helps me make sure to exercise and complete at least one chore on our (much too long) to-do list. Washing windows, painting the deck, cleaning out Stu's room, etc.

Bears are still about, all too frequently. The two juvenile males were around for much of the day Saturday, probably because Abe was cooking short ribs for much of the day, and the aroma is simply too delicious to resist.

Pimpelliese Shawlette knit is Malabrigo Sock "Carine"
I finished something today! That's two things since my last posting. Here they are:
  The shawlette is for a good friend at work, but the tunic is for ME. It's shown with a blank tank top underneath, as the knitting is loose and purposely full of holes.

No spinning for almost two weeks. Not in the mood.

I'm reading the second in the "Fifty Shades" trilogy. Horrible writing but mysteriously compelling - obviously, since I bought book #2.
DeGraw Tunic knit in Tahki "Ripple"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!