Sunday, September 26, 2010

No New Knitting

No knitting progress today. Spent hours (literally? 6 1/2 hours) sorting through bins of leftover yarn. I now have two large bags of yarn ready to take to the thrift shop, and another large bag that went into the trash. I have a much clearer vision of what I have and what I can/want to do with it. I didn't get done with this task until almost 5:00, just in time to sit and finish a hilarious YA novel from school, Josh Berk's The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin, recommended by 7th-grade student Hannah. It was a hoot! Now I'm starting The Doom Machine by Mark Teague. Yes, it's that time of year again, when I find myself reading nothing but YA novels. How else to recommend them to my middle school readers? It's a bit daunting to think of the 150+/- young adult books that arrived recently. They're ready to go, but don't I first need to read them? ALL OF THEM?  I need a clone. No, I need 10 clones, minimum, to keep up with all the reading.

I love my job.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, I didn't really enjoy The Doom Machine, so that went onto the fiction shelves unread by the library lady. Now I'm reading How To Survive Middle School - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!