Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jane Eyre

Jane's Ubiquitous Shawl
I just finished knitting, blocking, and photographing this shawl. It took almost 1400 yards of sport weight alpaca yarn. I knitted it during a KAL (knit-along) organized by the WWMDFK? group on Ravelry. WWMDFK? stands for What Would Madame DeFarge Knit?, a book edited by Heather Ordover of the Craftlit podcast, and published by Cooperative Press, which features patterns inspired by a variety of characters from classic literature. This particular shawl, known as "Jane's Ubiquitous Shawl", was designed by Erica Hernandez as a tribute to that most upstanding heroine, Jane Eyre.

Whew. I think that's enough links, thank you! Now, on to Christmas knitting...

 "Next day, by noon, I was up and dressed, and sat wrapped in a shawl by the nursery hearth." - Jane Eyre, Chapter 3

"I folded my shawl double, and spread it over me for a coverlet; a low, mossy swell was my pillow." - Jane Eyre, Chapter 28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my ramblings!